Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Shutting down

I have a habit of "shutting down" when things get stressful.  I sort of freeze when things get intense.  And why is putting a house on the market THE MOST STRESSFUL THING  in the world to me?  Probably because I've had a blessed life and haven't had anything else to get ultra stressed about.

Don't get me wrong, being a parent, jobs, everything can be stressful.  But the fact that random people are walking through your house, critiquing everything you do from your decorating taste to the way you make your bed (or not, in our case) - sends me over the edge.

We have a very nice, little cottage-like house that, in my humble opinion, is in the absolute perfect location - walking distance to great restaurants, movie theaters (both new and retro), bars, shops, ISU campus, and the Constitution Trail.  I really don't want to move - so why wouldn't anybody want to live here?  Finding out that fact is The Big Thing.  People want big everything and they want new.  We don't have that.  I'm hoping they see more than the surface stuff.

I'm looking forward to the St. Louis area and all that it has to offer.  I just want someone to see what we have to offer here - and soon.

1 comment:

  1. It wasn't all tht long ago you saw the beauty and potential in your quaint, cute house. Someone else will, too. Its a PERFECT starter home. Its well cared for. You can see the love in it. It has SUCH character. I love the master bdrm layout. if people read your ad andexpect big then they clearly can't read. And if ayone doesn't buy your house bc the bed isn't made then they're an ass. Trust God and relax. It will all be ok.

    ReplyDelete