Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Wayside Chapel

On my photo excursion last weekend, I stopped by the Wayside Chapel.  It's an itty-bitty church, just off the highway outside Otterbein, Indiana.


I always loved that little church.  When I was a kid, I wanted to get married there.  I love the concept that if anyone ever felt the need, they could pull off the road and get a little injection of spirituality.  Just like the sign inside says.


Nobody ever made a big fuss about this little chapel.  Come to think of it, I've never even heard anyone ever talk about it.  I've been on this earth for nearly 50 years and I don't ever remember it not being there.     It was such a comfort to me to see it again and that's why I drove back to get a few photos.  I hope it is there for the next 50 years, standing quietly by the highway, inviting travelers to come inside and spend a few minutes with their creator.




7 comments:

  1. Is that the Sweaty chapel from your wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 26 years and I'm still not forgiven for the sauna that was our wedding ceremony?! You were so skinny, you didn't appreciate it - everyone else lost 10 pounds that day! Photos of Sweaty Chapel might be included in the next photo excursion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moisture aside, that was probably the most fun wedding I've attended all these years. Well, in the top two, anyway. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does someone have the phone number for this itty bitty chapel. My fiance and I want to get married there. Please and thank you it would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sign on the wall is from the Christian Reformed Church. You could check with them. 1200 Tippecanoe St, Lafayette, IN 47904
      (765) 742-4292

      Delete
  5. I will like to know how much it cuz to rent this place please I get married November 9

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the address of this little church would luv to go see it

    ReplyDelete