Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday, bloody Sunday

What is it about Sunday evening?  Why are they so depressing?  When John and I were dating, I still had that extra semester at Purdue and he was working at the Zenith credit union and going to law school.  I would go up for the weekend - taking whoever I could carry from the ride board at Purdue to the northwest suburbs of Chicago.  I would stay with John and his folks until Monday morning because I didn't have a class until Monday afternoon.  I don't know why I stayed Sunday night because all I did was cry.  Seriously.  It was awful.  And John, bless his heart, for whatever reason, understood.

So for my kids and whoever else is out there, I get Sunday nights, but I will never understand it. Whether it's bracing yourself for a new week or something deeper than that, I feel your pain.

The anticipation is always worse than the thing itself.

But I can guarantee, it will be better - eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment