Saturday, June 18, 2011

June

A lot has happened so far this month and it's just over half over.  John turned 51, I turned 50, my family threw me an awesome birthday party, Thursday was our 27th wedding anniversary, and tomorrow is Father's Day.  Whew.

I want John to have a really nice Father's Day, since this is the only special day out of the occasions mentioned above (other than my party) that he will be home for.  Let's see if he reads this blog, shall we?

I'm making a Chicken Marsala recipe for dinner tonight that he emailed me a couple weeks ago.  It's from a restaurant that he likes in St. Louis.  Hopefully the kids will help me.  I'm making him Eggs Benedict tomorrow for breakfast, and getting Fresh Market ribs to grill for Father's Day dinner.  (Hmm.  I detect a food pattern here...)  Jim got him a new shirt a couple weeks ago that John accidentally found, but Jim claimed it was his, and John likes it - so it's all good.  I got him the good bottle of Marker's Mark (bourbon?  whiskey?)  Maybe we will take him out for a movie or something tomorrow afternoon.

It will be nice regardless, because we will all be home.  Hannah surprisingly came home Thursday from camp and doesn't have to go back until Tuesday morning.

Happy Father's Day, John.  And happy birthday and happy anniversary too.  You're the best.



And for Father's Day, my all time favorite photo with my Dad.  I thank God for good men in my life.

1 comment: