Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Top 15(and beyond)

For whatever reason, John urged Jim and I to come up with our top 15 musical groups - period.  It's easier to come up with the top musical "influences" - meaning that they were loved in the past, but maybe not so much anymore.  You know what I mean.

In my case, I grew up on what my siblings listened to - and I am very grateful for that. Talk about the treasure trove of music - Johnny Cash from John, the Beatles from Joyce and CCR from Dennis - can't get any better than that.

Here is what we come up with - NOT IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER!  (John wanted me to put punctuation on that.) And there may be more than 15, or less.  Just saying.

John:
Dire Straits
Cheap Trick
Smashing Pumpkins
Pearl Jam
Queen
Sister Hazel
Counting Crows
Green Day
Beck
Bruce (no need for last name)
Pink Floyd
Allman Bros
CSN&Y
Elvis Costello
Indigo Girls
ZZ Top
Jack Johnson
REM
Zwan
Steely Dan
Oasis

Me: (again, in no particular order, and I know I'm leaving a lot out...)
Foo Fighters (they were one of the best concerts EVER)
The Bodeans
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Sister Hazel
Marshall Tucker
Heart
Green Day
Ray LaMontagne
Charlie Daniels
Weezer
Eric Clapton
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Sheryl Crow
The Pretenders
Train
Beatles
U2
Nirvana
Police
Johnny Cash
Elton John - circa 1970's
(maybe a little Jayhawks, Wilco, Woods Bros.  and other stuff that I can't commit to)

Jim:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Foo Fighters
Modest Mouse
Green Day
Pearl Jam
Beck
Radiohead (except for "Creep")
Weezer
Coldplay
Ben Folds
Incubus
Mars Volta
Sublime
Streetlight Manifesto

For what it's worth.

Hannah?  Are you listening?  Your top 15?






No comments:

Post a Comment