Thursday, August 25, 2011

Here we are

I was up at 5:00am this morning, and hit the ground running.  Deflated the air mattress, put the last load of laundry in the dryer, packed up all the miscellaneous stuff we had laying around, took a shower and Swiffered as we walked out of the house for the last time.  I admit it - I cried.  I won't necessarily miss that house, but I will dearly miss the location.

We closed at 10:00 and were on the road by 11:00.  We literally could not fit one more thing in the U-Haul and cars.  Packed to the nth degree, John drove his car and I drove the U-Haul.  There were some white knuckle moments, but I made it and had a nice discussion with God along the way.  New beginnings have a lot to offer and I need to be reminded of that.

So here we are.  We are officially homeless.  Our last night of taking advantage of the Mark and Shelly's hospitality.  The next couple days will be a flurry, and then I am going to unpack and take a bit of a breather.  Not even going to think about a new job yet.

And after this week, I don't want to see the inside of a rented moving van for a freaking long time.

But the calendar will soon be back up on the refrigerator and reservations are now being taken for Hotel Krajewski.  Hotel K-town?   The Krajew Inn?  It's all down hill from here.


1 comment:

  1. "Motel Jewski" makes me giggle. Do I get a confirmation number with my reservation?

    ReplyDelete