Thursday, September 6, 2012

Enough already!!

I may have to quit Facebook until November 7th.  The political postings - most of which I do not agree with - are getting ridiculous.  Here is a sample of what a few of my friends posted this morning -







Far be it from me to let things alone.  I fired back with this little gem.


I was de-friended from Facebook by at least one person after a lengthy political banter a few years ago.  That's when I realized that this is 100% true - why post all this crap when you're not going to change any one's mind?  Maybe they think enough photos of Clint Eastwood snarling into the camera will get to the swing voters.  But if I did want to rev up my own Facebook political machine again, I would add this to every Clint-tells-the-truth post:


"We rallied around what was right and acted as one...  We find a way through tough times and if we can't find a way, we make one."  We?  Wasn't the imaginary guy you were yelling at in the chair last week the one who 'made a way' out of Detroit's tough times? 

When did America become so overly bitter and divided over politics?  Maybe it's hearing it for over 50 years and the plaque builds over time.  Or maybe it's the race thing - maybe we haven't come as far as we like to think we have.  Whatever it is, it will not be solved on Facebook. 

Now, can we get back to vacation photos and cute quotes from your kids?


No comments:

Post a Comment