Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mom's mad skills

I've already told you about my mother's mad skills at sewing and crafting.  You've seen a sample of her quilts and her pantyhose likeness.



The "panty-hose doll" phase lingers in my house.  Mom made two angels with panty-hose faces that I still display every year at Christmas.  

She could paint, and even gave painting lessons for a time.  These two paintings are hanging in our house now.




Over the years, she stitched me entire business-like suits and even made bathing suits for me.  If I weren't so lazy, I would post of photo of a holiday dress she made for me one year.  It incredible, and I looked very good in it, if I do say so myself.  It was long sleeved and had a high neckline in the front, but dipped in the back (to the bra line!), and the ruffles on the bottom almost came to my knees.  Pure 1980's - but in a good way!

But I found my favorite thing she ever did in my baby book.  

My birth announcement.  



Love you, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment