Saturday, September 10, 2011

The grass is always greener...

You would think a job at an olive and vinegar store would be the mecca for a "foodie" person.  I was sure it would be.  And I'm sure it can be.  But at the ridiculous pay and being on your feet for 8-9 a day, maybe not.

I spent 9 hours at the store today.  I was too enthusiastic, because I led the owner to believe that I really liked the job and and I wanted full time.  Now, I don't.  It looks SO cool from the customer side of things - and I'm sure it is for an owner who is vested in the store.  But saying the same "script" to every customer that walks in the door is not my idea of a good time.  I could learn to like it if they paid double what they offered.

So, I'm discouraged.  I thought this would be really, really fun - regardless of pay, but then again, I thought the pay would be in my ballpark.  I'll talk to the owner.  Maybe part time,  just to get the samples to take home and experiment with.

Too tired to think of anything more tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment